regedit.exe notepad.exe and other wine substitutes

Raul Dias chaos at swi.com.br
Wed Apr 17 18:12:41 CDT 2002

Hi,

Wine provides a variety of applications in the programs/ dir.
this include notepad, regedit, regapi, aviplay, ...

This programs (AFAIK) implements the windows equivalent of their
.exe with winelib.
However, some applications try to run c:\windows\regedit.exe,
notepad.exe and fail.

My question is, in a windows free environment, if I rename those
applications (to a .exe extension and its .so file) and move
them to c:\windows, will the win32 applications that look for
them be satisfied?`

Or I have to add a win32 version of them? (copy from a real
windows)

usually installation apps use this applications, most of the time.

[]'s
Raul Dias