files ?!

Miklos Bagi Jr. joschy at mailbox.hu
Thu Apr 18 16:23:16 CDT 2002

Hello all again,

I'm sorry to hold you guys up with my bullshit all the time, but I really want
to make wine work the way I imagined ;o)

I'm having a strange situation here, and probably found the root of my
problems.
I have a filemanager called Windows Commander. I've opened it using wine and
were testing the functionality of it. I saw strange things. My windows/system
directory contains 5 dll files only, 4 of them with 0 size but locally I have
all windows dlls in place (windows/system). These files are:

Msvcrt.dll - size: 266,293 - seems to be ok
shell.dll - size: 0 - impossible
shell32.dll - size: 0 - impossible
winsock.dll - size: 0 - impossible
winsock32.dll - size: 0 - impossible

Permissions are the same, but still, I can not see them from the filemanager.
Let me get to the point: if i dont see them with a filemanager that means
that there are no such files while running something with wine.
I have the same stuff under windows, windows/system32, windows/anything.
I have the following subdirs under windows dir:
Desktop
Favourites
Fonts
NetHood
Profiles
Recent
SendTo
ShellNew
Start Menu
system
system32

and that's all. In \windows\ I have 5 ini files nothing more.

Can some of you tell me how does this happen? I'm trying to find a logic for
it but I'm unable to.

A.T.B,
MBJr.