wine libs

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Sat Apr 20 12:57:05 CDT 2002

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, Brad Campbell wrote:

> Yes.. I had already tried that, and with an ldconfig -v noticed that
> ldconfig refused to ack the existence of any shared libs in that dir.
> Thanks for the reply though.

The files in ${prefix}/lib/wine are wine builtin dll's, not shared
libraries, only the files in ${prefix}/lib are referenced by the dynamic
linker as shared libs.

The easy way to make your setup work is to put
WINEDLLPATH=/usr/local/wine/lib/wine
in your environment.  If you use bash.
export WINEDLLPATH=/usr/local/wine/lib/wine
in a bash startup file (/etc/profile, say)
source the file

. /etc/profile

and you should be good to go.

Lawson