Can't load native dll

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Mon Apr 29 10:39:38 CDT 2002

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Andriy Palamarchuk wrote:

> Lawson,
>   sorry to bug you.
>
> Maybe I'm stupid, but I'm learning :-)

I didn't say that.  I sound like a sarcastic bastard sometimes when I
don't mean to.

> I *do not* want to load msimg32.dll.so, I just want to load *a*
> library. msimg32.dll.so was used as a test, I do not plan to load
> this library specifically.

Okay, it was a dumb question.

> I need this to create unit test for regsvr32, but I could not load a
> libary from the current directory.
>
> In one of the messages before you mentioned that one
> can load library from WINEDLLPATH:
>
> > [whit at giftie cmdw]$ export
> > WINEDLLPATH="/home/whit/tools/cmdw"
> > [whit at giftie cmdw]$ printenv | grep -i wine
> > WINEDLLPATH=/home/whit/tools/cmdw
>
> Can I load a library from directory, which is not in
> WINEDLLPATH?
>
> Andriy

Yes, if it is on LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  Wine seems not to look in the current
directory for builtin dll's as it does for native ones.

The value from GLE is meaningless here, I think, since a handle is
returned.

[whit at giftie whit]$ printenv |grep -i wine
[whit at giftie whit]$ cd tools/cmdw
[whit at giftie cmdw]$ ../tools/cmde/cmdl cmdw.cll msvcrt.dll
bash: ../tools/cmde/cmdl: No such file or directory
[whit at giftie cmdw]$ ../../tools/cmde/cmdl cmdw.cll msvcrt.dll
/../../tools/cmde/cmdl cmdw.cll msvcrt.dll/
cmde dll cmdw.cll h 0 le 2
[whit at giftie cmdw]$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/whit/tools/cmdw ../../tools/cmde/cmdl
cmdw.dll msvcrt.dll
/../../tools/cmde/cmdl cmdw.dll msvcrt.dll/
/../../tools/cmde/cmdl cmdw.dll msvcrt.dll/
cmdw.dll h 2013265920 le 2
cmde dll cmdw.dll h 1077043200 le 2
/../../tools/cmde/cmdl cmdw.dll msvcrt.dll/
cmdw.dll h 2013265920 le 2
[whit at giftie cmdw]

Lawson
---oof---