Re: MS Office 2000 Small Business instalation problem

puoti at inwind.it puoti at inwind.it
Fri Aug 9 04:11:50 CDT 2002

As you have windows, why don't you just install it from windows, and
then run it from wine?

Hello.

I'm trying to install MS Office 2000 Small Bussiness (Polish version) with
> latest CVS wine. First I get a small message box that tells me, that my
> Windows Installator is being upgraded, then I get an error message, that
> could be roughly translated as:

"Windows system Installer in this system has been upgraded. You have to
> restart system to finish this upgrade (actualization? - D.W.). After reboot,
> please start installer again to cotninue instalation of MS Office 2000 Small
> Busines."

This is constant behavior. Restarting to Windows and then Windows doesn't
> help. Restarting Linux doesn't help. Praying doesn't help. :))

Sorry that I ask here, but I don't know how to translate this message that I
> could look for it with google.

I would be grateful for any pointers.

Thank you.