Really basic question about compiling WINE

Steven Rubenstein SJR at ElectricSpectric.com
Fri Aug 9 20:08:10 CDT 2002

  I am an intermediate Linux user. I dual boot into Redhat 7.3 and
Windows ME. It would be nice to be able to run the stuff in Windows from
Linux (for 2 reasons: to avoid booting and rebooting, and trying to get
away from Windows altogether someday), so I am now learning WINE.

I see a bunch of postings on this list about compiling. Question: Would
I expect to compile, as opposed to just running the WINE configuration
that came with Redhat 7.3? (Probably a pretty broad question, but if
anyone has a word to say, I'm all ears.)

SJR