Install Shield

puoti at inwind.it puoti at inwind.it
Sun Aug 11 09:31:50 CDT 2002

I wanted to install a multimedia encyclopedia in my pc, it used the
usual version of install shield thet dosen't work with wine, but I got a
message
(In italian, the software I was installing is in italian) that can be
translated like this: Some system components must be updated before
performing install. Something was installed, including windows media
player 6.4, and wine crashed. I had a look in my fame windows
installation and I found this directory: Program Files=>Common
Files=>InstallShield=>Engine=>6=>Intel 32=>IKernel.exe
This is the installation dir of install shield in windows, so I have it
installed, but when I try to run an app that uses Install Shield, I get
this message from wine (In the shell)
ERROR: You need to merge the 'winedefault.reg' file into your
       Wine registry by running: 'regedit winedefault.reg'

ERROR: You need to merge the 'winedefault.reg' file into your
       Wine registry by running: 'regedit winedefault.reg'

Does this mean that I have a hope to use Install Shield under wine, and
if yes what am I ment to do to get it to work?