Wine license issues

Raul Dias chaos at swi.com.br
Mon Aug 12 12:21:08 CDT 2002

Mark Hannessen <msh104.mymail at 12move.nl> wrote:

<SNIP>

>every dll in wine can have its own license.
>
>This is already done a long time
>for example: wineX has been using AFPL dll's since they started.

Yes, but in that "long time" wine had a X11/MIT/BSD
style license that allows that.

>and we sometime's need to load windows dll's and they have a
>different license too. ( but i guess you already knew that )

So this still true to the LGPLed wine.

This makes me wonder if things wouldn't be really easy
for every one if winex take advantage of this.

It wouldn't be necessary to keep ReWind as the "official" wine
already let their dlls and dll enhancements to have a different
license (as they state).

[]'s
Raul Dias