Fresh installation

James McTavish mctavish at cal.trlabs.ca
Thu Aug 15 19:08:51 CDT 2002

I'm getting ready to set up a new system, and I want to run wine with it
using a windows partition.  I know wine works with win95 and 98
(presumably 98se too) versions, however I can't find out if it will run
with windows 2000 anywhere.  I'm going to have a windows 2000 partition
anyway (in FAT32), and I want to know if that can be my windows
partition that wine can use.  If not, I'm going to have to include a
windows 98se partition as well.

Has anyone got any suggestions on the "best" way to setup a system for
wine?  All I can find is the generic HOWTO that describes how to mount a
window partition and use it for wine, but makes no reference to which
version of windows it can run.  Any assistance would be greatly
appreciated.

-James