Linux C++ program using 3rd-party DLL?

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Wed Aug 14 16:44:11 CDT 2002

On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 03:22:10PM +0200, Axel Siebenwirth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working with a spectrometer at an research institute but they only
> have windows 16-bit dll to control the sprectrometer. The dll is documented.
>
> My question is: Can I write a linux c++ program that uses this dll with
> wine?
Well, you'd write a Winelib program.

Winelib programs don't have any problem with interfacing with DLLs.
It's only that there is a problem with *Win16* DLLs...

In order to thunk down to Win16 from Win32 code (Winelib can *only* use
Win32 !), you'd you have to use such things as e.g. QT_Thunk() etc.
(definitely not for the faint of heart)

Does that help ?

Tel. +49 7159 800604                http://mohr.de.tt