Wine compiles but dosen't run

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Mon Aug 19 19:09:07 CDT 2002

puoti at inwind.it wrote:
> I'm basicly using the office wine relese 20020804, as linked from
> www.winehq.com/download.
> Wine was not installed with the OS, I know that for sure, there was no
> previous version of wine installed before I compiled from source, and
> in ld.so.conf the path to /usr/local/lib/wine has been added by
> wineinstall, at least that was the output; I have tried with an rpm,
> and it all works fine, but I have no openglide support, and have to
> use a old version, is there any chance of getting the tar.gz version
> to work?

I would think so, though I use CVS and Redhat myself. I don't have
Mandrake, so I don't know how current 8.2 is. As previously suggested,
you should quote errors.

Is there any reason not to use a CVS version of wine? It is easier than
the tar.gz versions, in my opinion.

Create a file ~/.cvspass with:
:pserver:cvs at cvs.winehq.com:/home/wine Ah<Z

Create a file ~/.cvsrc with:
cvs -z 3
update -PAd
diff -u

Then delete your existing wine tree, and type "cvs checkout wine".
Assuming a reasonably fast internet connection, you should have a
complete tree in a few minutes.

By the way, this allows you to easily try different Wine versions. For
example, to try one from a month ago:
cvs update -D "2002-07-19 CDT"

Redo configure, make depend, make, and make install.