PCAD2001 under wine

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Wed Aug 21 11:38:55 CDT 2002

On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 07:53:12PM +0400, Ilya Romanenko wrote:
> Dear sirs !
>
> I have the only troube with PCAD under wine - PCB router shows all
> traces 2 times thicker than real. (any version of wine in any
> configurations)
>
> It is possible to download 30 day trial for experiments.
>
> There are some number of noncritical bugs, but trace width is most
> significant.
>
> This feature prevent me from using pcad under wine.
>
> Will anyone solve this problem ?
> Will it ever happens ?
>
> Please inform me if you will solve this or not.
Well, why should *we* solve it ? :-)
It's *your* program, so...

This bug could be rather simple, though.
You could do a --debugmsg +relay,+gdi logfile and check for e.g. LineTo().
(PCAD perhaps uses LineTo to draw traces).
LineTo() probably determines the line width from the device context (DC)
it currently uses.
Find out where and why the corresponding device context catches the wrong
line width.
(also by reading some docu e.g. at http://search.microsoft.com)

Good luck !

--