regedit problems

phrostie pfrostie at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 22 19:51:39 CDT 2002

i'm trying to clean up my error messages on Wine stuff.
one that has come up before was the one about

ERROR: You need to merge the 'winedefault.reg' file into your
       Wine registry by running: `regedit winedefault.reg'

i found the directory/file regedit and the winedefault.reg.
i ran  $/home/wine.alpha/wine-20020509/programs/regedit/regedit
windows/wine-20010510/winedefault.reg

and got
Could not stat /mnt/fd0 (No such file or directory), ignoring drive A:
Could not stat /mnt/cdrom (No such file or directory), ignoring drive D:
/home/wine.alpha/wine-20020509/programs/regedit/regedit: cannot determine
executable type for 'C:\windows\wine-20010510\winedefault.reg'

regedit seems to be a link back to wine.  is this correct?
did i screw something up again?
there is a directory with an executable regedit.so and some other stuff but
regedit seems to be linked back to wine.

--
Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS,
http://www.freelists.org/list/cad-linux