License violation? [WAS: Re: Quickbooks and Wine]

Raul Dias chaos at swi.com.br
Sun Aug 25 14:27:46 CDT 2002

Oi,

Tom Docking <tom at aaledo.com.au> wrote:
<...>
>Codeweavers puts its code back into Wine; the only thing they don't is
>anything they make for installation purposes. As such, if you can get it
>installed, you'd expect to have luck running it under the latest CVS.
<...>

If Codeweavers does not return installation code to wine CVS, doesn't
this violates the LGPL?

AFAIK, Codeweavers was returning every change back to the wine CVS tree.

I don't want to flame Codeweavers, I personally want them to succeed.
However I would like to know if this is true or not.

Regards,

Raul Dias