regedit problems

phrostie pfrostie at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 26 09:07:21 CDT 2002

> > Try using -- between regedit and winedefault.reg.
> > Also, you may need to
> > use the Windows path for winedefault.reg (somebody
> > fixed it to link with
> > msvcrt instead of libc, so it doesn't do unix paths
> > any more.
>
> Phrostie, what version of Wine do you use?
> regedit was updated to use msvcrt not long time ago. I
> think phrostie uses much earlier version of Wine, and
> it linked against libc. It seems our msvcrt can use
> Unix paths. This works for me:
> $ /prj/wine/programs/regedit/regedit /e
> /home/apalamarchuk/1.reg

my previously installed version was a binary only(deb) from this month.
when i had tried building one from source for the regedit it was a tarball
that i'd downloaded from may(don't scream) when i was having mouse problems.
this weekend i downloaded the current source tarball, but have not had time to
build and test it just yet.

Thanks for the help.

=====
phrostie
Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS
http://www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux