installation didn't set up a registry

cocofan cocofan at mailbolt.com
Wed Aug 28 00:36:06 CDT 2002

 First of all,  I'm using wine source code tar file version 20020804. I
ran wineinstall to compile and install wine on a Linux-only machine
(Mandrake 8.2).  It creates the windows directory alright but the system
and system32 directories don't have any dll's or registry information in
them.  Doesn't the install process setup a fake registry?  Do I have to
copy one from a windows installation?  Or is there a tool I can use to
create one?  I'm asking because I can't get any installshield programs
to run and installshield always seem to require a registry to work.
                                                                   cocofan