cut and paste problem

Patrick Tighe ptighe at detroit.faurecia.com
Mon Dec 2 14:20:29 CST 2002

I can make a certain case for absolutely not.  Myself, I'm considering
strongly going back to Windows for work, I've run into too many instances
where OO has not given me the correct info.  this is very important when
I'm looking at a quote from a supplier, and the fields with multiplication
are not multiplied.  Also, checkboxes don't come across, and I'm sure there
are others.  While I believe Linux to be the superior OS, I don't believe
Star Office, or Open Office are up to the level of MS Office.

Sadly,
Pat

|--------+--------------------------->
|        |          "Chris Berry"    |
|        |          <compjma at hotmail.|
|        |          com>             |
|        |          Sent by:         |
|        |          wine-users-admin@|
|        |          winehq.com       |
|        |                           |
|        |                           |
|        |          12/02/2002 02:32 |
|        |          PM               |
|        |                           |
|--------+--------------------------->
  |                                                                                                                                             |
  |       To:     wine-users at winehq.com                                                                                                         |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                   |
  |       Subject:     Re: cut and paste problem                                                                                                |

>From: Marc de Courville<Marc.de.Courville at crm.mot.com>
>I am new to wine and try to use it to replace vmware for
>word/powerpoint applications.

Wine is cool, but wouldn't it make more sense to switch to OpenOffice.Org
instead, you can still open and save in M$ format so it should be
interoperable with your current files, and it runs natively in Linux.

Chris Berry
compjma at hotmail.com
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"And here in our server room you can see our Beowolf Cluster of C64's that
keeps our enterprise on the very cutting edge of technology."