kazaa lite does not download files !

Ulrich Pedri ulrich.pedri at tiscali.it
Fri Dec 6 13:49:30 CST 2002

Hello,

i am not able to download files with kazaa lite.
I have a 400 mhz AMD with one patition for windows win98 Fat16, browser is
Internet Explorer 5, and other 4 for linux debian 3.0 kernel 2.2.19.
I installed wine 0.0.20020411-1 and kazaa lite 2.0.
I mount my original windows partition to /home/user/.wine/fake_windows.
I start
kazaa with:
wine --dll commctrl,comctl32,shlswapi,shdocvw,msvcrt,wininet=n kazaa.exe

my config is :

[AppDefaults\\kazaa.exe\\DllOverrides]
"commctrl" = "native"
"comctl32" = "native"
"comdlg32" = "native"
"msvcrt" = "native"
"shdoclc" = "native"
"shdocvw" = "native"
"shlwapi" = "native"
"urlmon" = "native"
"wininet" = "native"
"oleaut32" = "native"
"rpcrt4" = "native"

Kazaa starts but with some errors in a little window (internet explorer):
like cannot find "%.1023ws", but it starts and the windows of kazaa appears,
i can search for files and i receive the list of files. this let me think
that i am connected to servers, but when i try to start download i don t
receive any byte. In the "traffic" window of kazaa i see my selectet file but
in the column of "status" i read "failure". when i try to search again (right
mouseclick ecc) i receive the same error !

what can i try ??

thank you !
uli