Help!!! - New Wine - now my apps don't work

Tony Lambregts tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net
Sat Dec 21 14:22:54 CST 2002

Mark Knecht wrote:

>Hello,
>   I have been running a recent CVS version of Wine for about 2 weeks
>successfully. However, it was a 'no Windows' installation and I have
>some app bugs that have shown up, so I wanted to try an installation
>where it could use my Win ME partitions to run better. I installed that
>this morning. Now my installed Quicken no longer works.
>
>   Also, I see that the .wine/config file points to /WINDOWS/C_Drive and
>no longer points to /home/mark/c, meaning it's possibly looking at the
>wrong registry or something?
>
>   Please help me understand how to get this fixed.

To the bes of my knowledge wine works better with no windows than it
does with windows xp/me. In fact this is a FAQ.
http://www.winehq.org/Docs/wine-faq/t1.shtml#IF-I-USE-WINDOWS-WHICH-ONE-WORKS-BEST

As far as the password box not showing up it might help if you modified
your ~/.wine/config file so that the app defaults for quicken used
desktop mode insted of manage. Section 4.1.2.12 of the following link
explains how to do this
http://www.winehq.com/Docs/wine-user/configuring.shtml

I triage the bugzilla database and I do not recall seeing this bug
regarding quicken so I think it would be safe to submit it.

--

Tony Lambregts