Changing FS type reported by Wine

Tony Lambregts tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net
Mon Dec 23 11:33:15 CST 2002

Stephen Mollett wrote:

>On Monday 23 Dec 2002 00:54, Tony Lambregts wrote:
>

>>Stephen Mollett wrote:
>>

>>>... I've tried setting it to 'unix' in case that made a difference. I've
>>>also tried configuring the drives as 'network' drives rather than 'hd'
>>>drives, in the hope that programs would see them as something other than
>>>FAT32 partitions.
>>>

>>The thing is that none of these has anything to do with file size AFAIK.
>>If you are trying to save to a linux partition what are the error
>>messages that you are getting?
>>

>I'm using ReiserFS. I've also tried on a 40GB ext3 filesystem on a spare
>drive. The error comes from VirtualDub, which believes that it's running on a
>FAT32 filesystem (obviously that's what Wine reports to any program that asks
>what FS type a drive is). I've tried working around it by using vdub's
>'segmented AVI' feature (which creates multiple AVIs <= 2GB) but I can't use
>these successfully under Linux.

So thats not good. You would think that it would leave it up to the
operating system. Ok the really cool thing about this is that both wine
and VirtualDub are open source projects so if you have any programing
skills you should be able narrow it down a bit. The way it is I'm not
sure its a bug in wine or a bad feature in virtual dub.

--

Tony Lambregts