no built in EXE module loaded did you specify an .spec

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Thu Feb 7 20:17:29 CST 2002

On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Erwin van de Glind wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have this problem when i start any program with wine i checked and
> doublechecked my config it still not helps
>
> BTW i'm not using any of original windows (i think native you call it) files
> or dlls or registry
>
> I hope i said enough
> root:/home/djcoke# wine d:\\setup.exe
> the error is =No built-in EXE module loaded!  Did you create a .spec file?

No it's not.  Or at least I am not clever enough to misconfigure Wine to
produce an error that looks anything like that.  Why don't you try
catching the error in a file, say, like this:

wine d:\\setup.exe 2>&1 |tee ~/logfile

and include ~/logfile in your next letter.  Or use the "script" command
to capture a whole session in a file (exit from the script before you
try to work on the file) and show us that.  Why is root trying to run
Wine, anyway?  Does it have a good /root/.wine/config file?  Does it
think Wine is a system configuration tool?  Ideally, root should be a
lazy sod who doesn't do anything it doesn't have to.  That way it
doesn't make as many disaserous mistakes.

> Thanx for any anwsers
> DjCoke

Lawson