Wine always tries to connect to ":0.0"

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Thu Feb 7 19:57:50 CST 2002

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002 lawson_whitney at juno.com wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, John Bauman wrote:
>
> > Wine always give errors when it tries to start on xser
> > ver ":1" because it always tries to connect to ":0.0".
> > I know that DISPLAY is set correctly:
> >
> > Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
> > Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server

Maybe it is.  In that case, look at .wine/config
[x11drv]
"Display"

That entry is commented out in the sample config, but if it is not
commented, Wine will use that in preference to the environment variable,
but it will give a warning if warnings are not disabled and DISPLAY is
set:

[whit at giftie whit]$ wine cmdl.exe
x11drv: Can't open display: :1.0
[whit at giftie whit]$ export DISPLAY=:0.0
[whit at giftie whit]$ wine cmdl.exe
x11drv: Warning: $DISPLAY variable ignored, using ':1.0' specified in config fil
x11drv: Can't open display: :1.0
[whit at giftie whit]$ sed 's/"Display"/; "Display"/' .wine/config|safe .wine/confi
[whit at giftie whit]$ grep isplay .wine/config
; Name of X11 display to use
; "Display" = ":1.0"
[whit at giftie whit]$ wine cmdl.exe
/cmdl.exe/
arg 0: /cmdl.exe/
[whit at giftie whit]$ tty
/dev/vc/3
[whit at giftie whit]$ cat /dev/vcc/3|fold|trail >oops

I normally leave it commented out in .wine/config, so of course setting
DISPLAY works for me every time.  Sorry if I have confused or insulted
you unnecessarily.

Lawson

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.