no built in EXE module loaded did you specify an .spec

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Sun Feb 10 16:49:59 CST 2002

On Sun, 10 Feb 2002, Erwin van de Glind wrote:

> File :file /mnt/cdrom/Setup.exe
> /mnt/cdrom/Setup.exe: MS-DOS executable (EXE), OS/2 or MS Windows
>
> winedump does nothing at all :(
>
> Well Greetings
> DjCoke

Winedump is only interested in PE executables (32 bit).  I guess
Setup.exe is 16 bit windows format.

I just tested my 16 bit app, and its installer works (it didn't some
months ago, having suffered a wine regression) and the app works.  I
still think it is a damaged file.  Unfortunately, the only programs I
know of that analyze 16 bit executables are themselves 16 bit
execuatbles, and have to be run with Wine or dosemu, also I have lost
track of the ones I had.  mapwin.exe, I think, and neexe.exe.

Do you get any errors reported in the system log?

You could try wine --debugmsg +module and see if that shows anything
interesting, or try cleaning off any bits of dust that have settled on
the cd (umount and eject it first :-).

Lawson