Problem with COM

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Sun Feb 10 18:16:36 CST 2002

On Sun, 10 Feb 2002, [iso-8859-2] Du¹ko Rusmir wrote:

> > baudrates 5760 and 5726 are not physically possible with normal
> > comm hardware.  Where is the app getting them?  57600 is, 5760
> > is not.
>
> I use this Baudrates wery well in Windows with those app. I don't
> will load everytime if I will use these app.
>
> I must use 5726, 5760 and 9600. My app need this to work. On 4800
> and 9600 I got error.

Oops, 5760 is physically possible with a custom divisor of 20, I
think.  5726 is not.  You set the speed of a UART by loading an integer
valus into the divisor regisgter.  The UART then divides its maximum
speed by that number.  If the divisor is 2, it runs at 57600.  There is
no integer you can divide 115200 by to get 5726.  There is also no
provision in Wine to use a custom divisor, I think, but combined with
linux system commands, there is.  Set the app to use 38400.
Beforstarting the app, do
setserial /dev/ttyS<n> spd_cust divisor 20

when the app asks for 38400, it should actually get 5760.  If it doesn't
work, show me the output of:

setserial -a /dev/ttyS<n>

<n> is the number of the comm port -1, unless you have ~/.wine/config
set oddly.  You can make "Com1" = "/any/damn/thing" but it might not
work, or "Com1" = "/dev/ttyS3"  (if the serial port you mean to use is
on com4, that will work, but it will confuse me unless I see your
.wine/config))

and

wine --debugmsg +file,+comm blah.exe 2>&1 |tee ~/logfile

(a copy of the debug messages will be in ~/logfile)
gzip it before putting it in the mail, please.

> With other app I can use 38400, 57600 and 115200 wery well.
>
> I thing the handling of COM Port on these BaudRate is't good.

I'm  telling you, 5726 isn't _possible_ with a standard UART.

> Thanks

Dam'.  I've lost track of the other 2 Wine developers who work on serial
comms.  I'll find them and forward some of this to them.  I've been
acting sort of as Wine comms gopher lately.  Guess I should look into
that fixme too.

Lawson

It is better to be lucky than good. - J. A. Soucy
---