ldconfig : ..... .so is not a symbolic link

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Fri Feb 15 10:48:00 CST 2002

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Sylvain Petreolle wrote:

> ldconfig -v produces :

/usr/local/lib:
	libopengl32.so -> libopengl32.so
	libglu32.so -> libglu32.so
	libmsvcrt20.so -> libmsvcrt20.so
	libsane.so.1 -> libsane.so.1.0.7
ldconfig: /usr/local/lib/libwine_unicode.so is not a symbolic link

	libwine_unicode.so -> libwine_unicode.so.1.0
ldconfig: /usr/local/lib/libwine_tsx11.so is not a symbolic link

	libwine_tsx11.so -> libwine_tsx11.so.1.0

Not only that, but

make uninstall
make install

is broken.  I thought that would fix it, but I had to install the wine
binary by hand, and the result is exactly the same.  Where there were
symbolic links before are now copies.  Besides wasting file space,
though, I don't see it does any harm.  You get this mail by the latest
Wine, ldconfig warnings and all.

Lawson

First shoot the arrow.  Then draw the bulls-eye. - J. A. Soucy