WineDbg : list of errors

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Sat Feb 16 10:21:13 CST 2002

On Sat, 16 Feb 2002, Sylvain Petreolle wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Using WineDbg,
> I have problems to attach to a process.
> I start "winedbg".
> then "walk process".
> It gives reference to a W-process.
>
> Trying attach to this process gives me error 5.
> Where could i find more info on these error numbers ?
>
> [syl at snoop La 4ème Prophétie]$ winedbg
> WineDbg starting...  on pid 0
> Wine-dbg>walk process
> pid      threads  parent   exe
> 0806ba80        4 00000000 ''
> Wine-dbg>attach 0x806ba80
> Can't attach process 806ba80: error 5
> Wine-dbg>

[whit at giftie wine]$ grep "Can't att" debugger/*.c
debugger/winedbg.c:        DEBUG_Printf(DBG_CHN_MESG, "Can't attach process %lx:
 error %ld\n", pid, GetLastError());

Well, I think you would look that up in include/winerror.c, since it is
printing a GLE number:

#define ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED                                5

I can't duplicate it though, so I don't know what it is yet.

Lawson

I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on tape somewhere.