CAD on wine - some almost useable, others not at all...

Duane Clark junkmail at
Fri Feb 22 16:50:04 CST 2002

Lars O. Grobe wrote:
> Hi!
> I have tried some CAD packages on wine. In fact, I am a student of
> architecture who wants to get a working CAD app on his Linux Laptop.
> So, the current things I tried are:
> Vectorworks: Starts, I can draw, but after a while, it crashes. So, nit
> really useable.

Plain old crashes are often not that difficult fix, as long as it drops
into the debugger and "bt" gives a valid backtrace. Have you tried that
and posted the backtrace? Since you say that the app mostly works, it
might be worth the effort.

My real email is at dclark (or something like that).