A Previous Setup Has Not Completed

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Sun Feb 24 01:06:59 CST 2002

On Sun, 24 Feb 2002, Steven Gilroy wrote:

> I keep getting the error that a previous setup/install has not
> completed, please restart your computer and try again whenever I try to
> install new software.  I have cleared all of my temp files but still get
> the error...anyone know how to fix this?

If you use the current CVS, a file an installer wants moved or deleted
is now entered in the Wine registry in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\System\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\Session Manager.
No provision is made yet to actually do the move/delete.  You have to do
it by hand for now.  See <wine>/files/file.c about line 2000, there are
even some comments.

Lawson

Constants aren't, and variables won't.