wine reading iso images as cdrom ?

Pavel Troller patrol at
Sun Feb 24 10:19:04 CST 2002

> Hello all,
> I keep iso images of my most commonly used cdroms on the harddisk so I
> don't have to find them. Can I set up a cdrom drive in my wine config that
> points to the isos, and have wine think its a cdrom drive ?
  First, You must setup a loop device, creating a device-level access to
Your files. Something like losetup /dev/loop0 <iso.file>
  Maybe You'll have to modprobe the loop module first.
  Then, You can mount this device to some mount point.
mount -tiso9660 /dev/loop0 <mountpoint>
  Then You have to tell wine about the pseudo-CDROM by means of its config
                                           With regards, Pavel Troller