memory leak?

Tony Lambregts lambregt at telusplanet.net
Mon Feb 25 12:53:58 CST 2002

Jure Pecar wrote:
 > On Mon, 25 Feb 2002 18:28:07 -0400 Eike Lantzsch <eikelan at gmx.net>
 > wrote:
 >

 >> Sorry that I can't help but I get the "block ... is not inside
 >> heap" messages as well. Didn't bother yet because it didn't stop
 >> me from using my applications.
 >>
 >> Regards, Ike
 >>

 > I just tought these might be usefull to developers in some way.
 > Since they are many, i thought they might be related to memory leak
 > ... but i'm obviously not skilled wine hacker :)
 >
 > --
 >
 > Jure Pecar

Its really not to hard to submit a bug report.
The following is an excerpt from
http://www.winehq.com/Docs/wine-user/bugs.shtml

< 1.
<
<       Post as much information as possible.
<
<       This means we need more information than a simple "MS Word
<       crashes whenever I run it. Do you know why?" Include at least
<       the following information:
<
<        * Version of Wine you're using (run wine -v)
<
<        * Operating system you're using, what distribution (if any),
<
    and what version
<
<        * Compiler and version (run gcc -v)
<
<        * Windows version, if installed
<
<        * Program you're trying to run, its version number, and a
<          URL for where the program can be obtained (if available)
<
<        * Command line you used to start wine
<
<
<        Any other information you think may be relevant or
<        helpful, such as X server version in case of X problems, libc
<        version etc.
<    2.
<
<       Re-run the program with the --debugmsg +relay option
<         (i.e., wine --debugmsg +relay sol.exe).
<
<       If Wine crashes while running your program, it is important that
<       we have this information to have a chance at figuring out what
<       is causing the crash. This can put out quite a lot (several MB)
<       of information, though, so it's best to output it to a file.
<       When the Wine-dbg> prompt appears, type quit
<
<      To get the trace output, use the following commands:
<
<      all shells:
<
<      $ echo quit | wine -debugmsg +relay [other_options] program_name
<        >& filename.out;
<      $ tail -n 100 filename.out > report_file
<
<        (This will print wine's debug messages only to the file and
<         then auto-quit. It's probably a good idea to use this command,
<         since wine prints out so many debug msgs that they flood the
<         terminal, eating CPU.)
<
<      tcsh and other csh-like shells:
<
<      $ wine -debugmsg +relay [other_options] program_name |& tee
<        filename.out;
<      $ tail -100 filename.out > report_file
<
<      bash and other sh-like shells:
<
<     $ wine -debugmsg +relay [other_options] program_name 2>&1 | tee
<       filename.out;
<     $ tail -100 filename.out > report_file
<
<
<      report_file will now contain the last hundred lines of the
<      debugging output, including the register dump and backtrace,
<      which are the most important pieces of information. Please do
<      not delete this part, even if you don't understand what it means.
<   2.
<
<      Post your report to the newsgroup comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine
<
<      In your post, include all of the information from part 1), and
<      insert the text from the output file in part 2). If you do this,
<      your chances of receiving some sort of helpful response should be
<      very good.

If you have any questions about this I will try to help you out.

Tony Lambregts