How can you capture the input and output of a serial port in wine

David Bronaugh dbronaugh at linuxboxen.org
Tue Feb 26 14:37:07 CST 2002

I'm curious about this. I'm trying to reverse-engineer a really neato-device that hooks up to the serial port and has Windows software. I've figured out the protocol the device sends; I'm just not sure how the device is initialized. So I'd love to capture the Windows software doing the dirty deed.. and WINE is IMHO just the tool. So, question is:

How do you capture serial ports transmissions and/or receives in WINE?

David Bronaugh