DPLAY Internet issue with Wine

Ron Hale-Evans rwhe at ludism.org
Tue Feb 26 23:28:05 CST 2002

I'm trying to play Zillions of Games <http://www.zillionsofgames.com/>
under Wine 20020122 on a Debian 2.2 (potato) setup.  When I attempt
Internet play, the game does not list any service providers, and I get
the following messages:

fixme:ole:CoCreateInstance no classfactory created for CLSID
{5959df60-2911-11d1-b049-0020af30269a}, hres is 0x80040154
fixme:mci:MCI_LoadMciDriver Couldn't load driver for type ALL.
If you don't have a windows installation accessible from Wine,
you perhaps forgot to create a [mci] section in system.ini
err:dplay:DirectPlay3AImpl_EnumConnections : no service providers?
fixme:mci:MCI_LoadMciDriver Couldn't load driver for type ALL.
If you don't have a windows installation accessible from Wine,
you perhaps forgot to create a [mci] section in system.ini
Wine exited with a successful status

I have an MCI section in my system.ini file.  It is not a firewall
problem, because I see nothing in my logs.  I have been having this
problem for over a year, but according to the Wine Weekly News,
Wine DPLAY has been able to load service providers since August 2000:

  http://www.winehq.com/News/2000-35.html

Could someone point me in the right direction, please?  Is this
in fact a Windows problem?  Do I need to register service providers
somehow?

Thanks...

Ron Hale-Evans