Weird Keys in Counterstrike

Mark Carey capt_marko_ramius at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 2 22:54:50 CST 2002

>On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 06:29:13AM +0000, Mark Carey wrote:
> > Half-Life, patched it to 1.1.0.8, installed csv13full.exe.  I then tried
> > connect to a local LAN server however all the keys are all real weird. I
>ran
> > my standard win98se config file, it worked OK.  By weird I mean that
> > normally when I move the mouse my player looks around but under wine he
> > starts a slow slide across the floor.  Has anyone else had any similar
> > problems?
>
>Do you mean that other keys are wierd as well as the mouse?
>
>I have noticed problems running Kingpin when I have my xmodmap on a Dvorak
>layout.  For example, when I press the Dvorak key for `s' I would expect to
>move backwards, as I do under the QWERTY xmodmap, but I don't.
>
>I have had no similar problem with Half Life.  The only problem I have
>is that I get no sound in multiplayer.  Sound in single player works fine
>(with a slight delay which I correct with _snd_mixahead).  I haven't
>got a LAN server to connect to, so perhaps it would work in that case.
>
>Plato

Sound is a completly seperat issue but I think I can now explain my problem
more clearly.  When in game moving and around,

<snip m.cfg>
bind "w"          "+forward"
bind "a"          "+moveleft"
bind "s"          "+back"
bind "d"          "+moveright"
</snip>

If I hold a direction key like w down for too long my player just continues
on in that direction until I turn 180(deg) and tap w again.  The mouse is
now behaving itself correctly.  I am now running a self compiled version of
wine-20011226 (20011108 + CVS update), on a RedHat 7.2 Box running,
XFree86-4.1.0-3.

In text editors and the like in KDE the keys on the keyboard output the
correct character to the editor, so I think I have the right keymap running.
  Is there some stick keys like setting in X? (Pardon me I am an X newbie,
been a BASH boy until now)

Anymore suggestions?
P.S if you want more XFree-wine problems to solve I have plenty of them :D