How to enable printing ? (doco problem)

Ilja Kamps ikarus at ikarus.mine.nu
Mon Jan 14 14:01:03 CST 2002

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 08:19:00PM +0100, Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Looking in the documentation,
> i'm told to add this switch (in wine.conf !! that 's
> pretty old ) :
>
> printer=on, at [wine] section.
>
> Wine then says : Line 81: Unrecognized input'
> printer=on'
>
> I have last cvs version (01/14/2002) and the doc
> output is in documentation/wine-doc/printing.html,
> generated by 'make documentation'

I guess that you have misread some info, but that switch was
not needed (anymore ?) last I checked, if you are using CUPS
wine will automaticly setup the printer, if you use LPRng,
LPD or some similair printing deamon, add a [ppd] section to
the ~/.wine/config and put "generic" = "generic.ppd" where
generic.ppd is the complete path to the generic.ppd file
included under examples in the documentation.

(grrrr, I really need to get to updating wine documentation)