err:dosmem:setup_dos_mem MAP_FIXED failed at address 0 for DOS address space

John A. Yonn blocsync at jacksonville.net
Mon Jan 28 06:18:21 CST 2002

Hello,
 I'm having a problem with a fresh install of wine, just trying to run
C:\\windows\\sol.exe (I wanted to keep things simple at first and try
this out. (yes, I do have a full install of windows on a partition that
is listed as [Drive C]. I get the following:

# wine C:\\windows\\sol.exe
err:dosmem:setup_dos_mem MAP_FIXED failed at address 0 for DOS address space

Anyone have any clue what might cause that?

Thanks,
John
IpAddress at wyldryde.net