Money 2000 & cryptography

Martin Clemons clemons at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jan 28 13:10:41 CST 2002

has anyone had success running Money 2000 under wine? It will start up
for me, but will only go to a dialog which requires either opening a
money file or creating a new one, neither of which it will do because of
"security settings". (Thats what the windows dialog says..)  Changing
the permissions on the money file I already have does nothing.  I think
that the cryptograpy that money uses is not supported on my system.  The
terminal gives me this message:
fixme:advapi:CryptAcquireContextA (0x405c30f4, (null), Microsoft Base
Cryptographic Provider v1.0, 1, f0000000): stub!
Thanks again for any feedback

    Martin Clemons