debian potato cvs wine segfaults on compile

Ove Kaaven ovehk at ping.uio.no
Thu Jul 18 09:31:28 CDT 2002

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, KrEaToR wrote:

> I get the following errors, I've tryied to compile this several times with
> tools/wineinstall and also 'configure && make depend && make', with and
> without these CLFAGS "-O3 -m486 -mcpu=i686 -march=i686 -ffast-math
> -malign-double"

Never compile Wine with -malign-double. Wine sets _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64,
which tells libc to use 64-bit file operations, which breaks if you use
that (and yes, the problem is in libc, not Wine, though Wine's primary
purpose, running Windows applications, might also be affected when you
make Wine align structures differently than Windows apps do). Did you
"make clean" before trying without those CFLAGS? (Also, Wine has often
suffered problems from -O3 due to Wine's use of numerous assembly-language
constructs, so you may not want to use that either.)