Wine & Games problem

Adam Schreiber sadam at clemson.edu
Sat Jul 20 19:08:51 CDT 2002

With something like Quake2, you would be better off getting the last point release for linux off of idsoftware.com or something along those lines and copying the windows files over.  I did the same thing for Quake 3 the other day and it runs so much better than it did in wine.  The right tool for the right job I guess.

On a seperate note but on the topic of gaming, when I run games with wine I commonly get the following error:

 err:midi:OSS_MidiInit ioctl on midi info for device 0 failed. is the error

I use a soundblaster live card with linux-2.4.18-ac3 with oss compiled in.

Thanks,
Adam