wine & foxpro

Tom Docking tom at aaledo.com.au
Wed Jul 24 21:15:26 CDT 2002

G'day Nic,

I can't help you with the major problems, but the minor ones are easy:

> > Mandrake 8.2 with the following output: err:font:AddFontFileToList
> > Unable to load font file "/mnt/win98/windows/fonts/desktop.ini" err =
> > 55 err:font:AddFontFileToList Unable to load font file
> > "/mnt/win98/windows/fonts/modern.fon" err = 2

desktop.ini (an insidious and annoying file created by Windows 98) is not a
font file and thus cannot be loaded. Delete it.
Modern.fon isn't a true font file. Delete it or replace it with a "real"
font file. :-)

> > fixme:keyboard:X11DRV_KEYBOARD_DetectLayout Your keyboard layout was
> > not found! Using closest match instead (United States keyboard layout
> > (phantom key version)) for scancode mapping. Please define your layout
> > in windows/x11drv/keyboard.c and submit them to us for inclusion into
> > future Wine releases. See the Wine User Guide, chapter "Keyboard" for
> > more information.

I got this message too - change your keyboard map to a standard US keyboard.

> >fixme:psdrv:PSDRV_BITMAP_SelectObject stub
> > fixme:psdrv:PSDRV_BITMAP_SelectObject stub
> > fixme:psdrv:PSDRV_BITMAP_SelectObject stub
> > err:psdrv:PSDRV_PPDGetNextTuple Error in line '*CloseUI *stpBrightness
> > '? To use WINEPS you need to install some AFM files.
> > fixme:winspool:AddPrinterW DocumentProperties fails To use WINEPS you
> > need to install some AFM files. err:winspool:AddPrinterW
> > DocumentPropertiesW failed! err:winspool:CUPS_LoadPrinters epson not
> > added by AddPrinterA (1797) fixme:psdrv:PSDRV_BITMAP_SelectObject stub
> > fixme:psdrv:PSDRV_BITMAP_SelectObject stub
> > fixme:psdrv:PSDRV_BITMAP_SelectObject stub

Have you fixed the printer problem yet?

> > err:int:INSTR_IDT_Emulate Evil attempt to exploit win9x system security
flaws detected
> > err:int:INSTR_IDT_Emulate UNIX system security is too strong, can't
emulate properly
> > err:heap:HEAP_GetPtr Invalid heap 00000000!
> > wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...
> > err:seh:start_debugger Couldn't start debugger ("debugger/winedbg
134670048 104") (2)
> > Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or another
debugger

You'd be best off getting the debugger working...

Have you changed the permissions on these files? Perhaps a (shudder) chmod
777 on the appropriate directory will get around this.

Cheers,

Tom Docking