Wine hangs

Andriy Palamarchuk apa3a at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 12 20:41:14 CDT 2002

Benjamin, please do not send anything to the wine-bugs
list, use wine-users instead.

--- Benjamín_Díaz <bdiaz at aullox.com> wrote:
> I am trying to run a program named Megapaq
> (inventory database, probably made
> with FoxPro). During installation I had trouble
> running it with option "Managed"
> = "Y" as it tries to go full screen and hangs
> completely the window manager, so
> I changed to "Managed" = "N" and "Desktop" =
> "800x600". It installed with some
> annoyances such as popping up desktops.

What version of Wine do you use? I think the last
releases do not have "Nonmanaged" option unless this
was changed back.

> After that I try to run the installed file and get
> this:
>
> Warning: unprotecting the first 64KB of memory to
> allow real-mode calls.
>           NULL pointer accesses will no longer be
> caught.

This is Ok.

> err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section
> 0x400fb524
> "../../scheduler/syslevel.c: Win16Mutex" wait timed
> out, retrying (60 sec)
> tid=080706b0
> err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section
> 0x400fb524
> "../../scheduler/syslevel.c: Win16Mutex" wait timed
> out, retrying (60 sec)
> tid=080880d8

The application times out waiting for mutex. Reason
for this is unknown.

I advise you to submit a bug report in Wine bug
tracking system (http://bugs.winehq.com).
In the report mention all the information you
mentioned here, plus:
- Wine version
- OS/distribution
- how to reproduce the issue
- whether the application can be freely accessed (e.g.
as trial, demo version), if yes, URL of the
application web site.

Regards,
Andriy Palamarchuk