win32 console cli emulation

Tony Lambregts tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net
Thu Jun 13 11:45:21 CDT 2002

Chris wrote:

>Greetings,
>
>	I am a new wine user, and im hoping you could let me know if what I want to
>do is possible with wine.
>
>I have a win32 console application (I would assume since it does not run in
>DOS mode). This application will read in a text file, find what its looking
>for, process it, and creates another file(s) from that (just to give you an
>idea of what the program does). What I would like to do is use wine to do
>the win32 console emulation, but I will not be running XWindows or have
>windows installed on another partition (I only have room on my second HD and
>the windows 98 setup wants it on the primary, any suggestions?)  Is this
>feasible using wine? I have searched the web and the wine docs but could not
>find a reasonable answer. Please keep in mind that I am brand new to wine
>and as much info/pointers/web site's would be GREATLY appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>- Chris

The following is an excerp from http://www.winehq.com/Docs/wine-user/configuring.shtml

"GraphicsDriver" = "x11drv|ttydrv"

Sets the graphics driver to use for Wine output. x11drv is for X11
output, ttydrv is for text console output. WARNING: if you use ttydrv
here, then you won't be able to run any Windows GUI programs. Thus this
option is mainly interesting for e.g. embedded use of Wine in web server
scripts.

All you should have to do is change the ~/.wine/config file so that it
uses ttydrv

Tony Lambregts