(Demo CD available) Has anyone tested AutoCad 2000 with any recent wine ?

keith frost pfrostie at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 18 12:23:33 CDT 2002

thanks.

i've already sent off for the demo, but understand
i've got a stack of demos ahead of it already.  widows
versions of cadkey, catia, ashlar/velum and some
others.  i've been back tracking to find a mouse
problem when running intellicad with recent version of
wine.  i had deleted the older(working) tar balls of
wine and now i'm wishing i hadn't.

does anyone else see this problem in other
applications?  mouse usage with icons and menus is
fine but the app locks as soon as you click in the
drawing area.  i've been using this app for almost two
years and have not seen this before.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/item/0,,616392-123112,00.html

> > In my opinion there are two windows application
> that
> > are more important than others and that is AutoCad
> > and Quark express. Linux does not have good
> > alternatives to theese, and for instance AutoCad
> > users are engineers which are interested in
> technics
> > and I now several that would like to ha linux at
> > work but cant since it cant run AutoCad.
> >
> > --- Matts <kivik at firstlinux.net> wrote:
> > >Great, it sounds as if it can be working
> seriously
> > sooon.
> > >
> > >Is there any way a non wine developer can help
> with
> > point 3 in the HOWTO ? =
> > >(ie finding why ARX apps hang). Solving that will
> > solve a lot of the other =
> > >points and it will be closer to wider usage.
> > >
> > >3) Open SYSTEM.REG file in ~/.wine and remove ALL
> > lines with
> > >LOADCTRLS=3D....... and save it.
> > >Don't ask why, I dunno but this prevents loading
> of
> > an ARX
> > >app that hangs Autocad.
> > >
> > >The FONTS issue is a one time problem, and the
> > regen might not be to hard t=
> > >o solve. (dirty hack, somehoe regen at each
> > mouserelease).
> > >

> > >--- Sylvain Petreolle <spetreolle at yahoo.fr>
> >

>>http://appdb.codeweavers.com/appview.php?appId=3D86&versionId=3D102

> only
> > 100%,
> when
> broken.=20
> important
> > lack

> http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

=====
phrostie
Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS
http://www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux