Executing an windows application installer that check for wi ndow s version?

Tony Lambregts tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net
Tue Jun 18 22:43:06 CDT 2002

Thava Prahash wrote:

>Hi All
>Andrily, Thanks for the information. I've tried setting the config file. YIt doesn't work. I've checked with the application support. According to them, the OS check is done by InstallShield product functionality. Anyone has any idea how Installshiled detects the version of os ( can't find such info on their website!) and how we can workaround it.
>Thanks again
If you have set up your config file properly then  things _should_ work.
in your config file you should have something like the following (a line
starting with ; is a comment)

; Windows version to imitate
"Windows" = "win98"

If setting this does not work then submitting a bug report in bugsilla
is the next thing for you to do. If there is a demo that can help a lot.
 Some usefull usefull information on writing a bug report can be found here

To create a bug report see http://bugs.winehq.org

Tony Lambregts