--winver has gone ?

Ian D. Stewart idstewart at compuvative.com
Wed Jun 19 09:08:01 CDT 2002

On 2002.06.19 04:26 edaniel wrote:
> Other wise, if you don't want (or can't) user the command line
> you can set this up in the config file
>
> [version]
> "windows" = "win98"
> this is the default value
>
> and then you could create a config file per program and have wine
> using
> this particular =config file
>
> The other solution (I think it is better), is to create a section per
> applications in the config file :
>
> [AppDefaults\\nlnotes.exe\\version]
> "windows" = "win2k"

As the powers-that-be start moving options like winver from the command
line to the config file(s), this will become more of a requirement than
a convenience.  Not sure of exactly why they are doing this.  Something
about improved support for command-line switches in windows apps.  You
can check the wine-devel archives for the details...

Blessa,
Ian