Musical OCR - MSGBOX_OnInit task modal msgbox !...

Guido Amoruso guidonte at libero.it
Mon Jun 24 08:51:35 CDT 2002

On lun, 2002-06-24 at 13:07, Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
> > Sharpeye gave the same error without
> > starting. If I can I'll
> > try again on that computer and send you the log, but
> > I cannot assure it...
> Not necessary. But does your soundcard function anyway
> ?
Yes, but I have to launch "modprobe" manually, otherwise I cannot use my
scsi scanner...

> > files are in the sub-directories where Sharpeye is
> > installed: the "root"
> > directory is ~/.wine/fake_windows/Program\
> > Files/visiv-co-uk/SharpEye2/,
> > Res and User are sub-directories.
> Try to create directories Res and User in C:\
> (~/.wine/fake_windows/)
>
> or,better, symlinks to the real directories (if you do
> so make sure to enable "ShowDirSymlinks" = "1" in
> .wine/config at [wine] section)
>
> do choices.txt and symbmap.tis exist ?
>

> This could be a bug in directory handling.
> I think wine searches C:\User and C:\Res instead of
> C:\Program Files\visiv-co-uk/SharpEye2\User
OK! It works in both ways: first the window saying "Failed to initialize
paths" appears, then I press OK and Sharpeye starts.
But there are other problems :-((

1. I cannot open Sherpeye files from the graphical dialogs, because that
files don't appear in the file-selection window. The only way to do this
is invoking "wine sharpeye.exe sharpeye_file_name.mro". Then the music
appears and I can modify it.

2. Doesn't save modified files :-(

3. It does open tiff images, but cannot read them, that is a very
important task for an OCR program!

Here is another log, while trying to read an image.
By the way, I linked in my fake_windows all directories and files from
C:\Program Files\visiv-co-uk/SharpEye2\User...

Thank you very much for your interest.

Guido