Wicked3D or 3dfx mini gl drivers

Rotes Sapiens rs at redplanet.mars.org.cy
Sat Mar 2 00:13:15 CST 2002

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002 09:57:44 GMT, "Michael Burnem"
<sorry.i.dont at like.spam> wrote:

>Has anyone gotten these drivers to work with any of their games?
>I'm trying for Counter-Strike(half-life mod) when i try it just sayes
>unsupported GL driver, though with the normal "Default" driver i have no
>problems, other than the lower fps, which the wicked3D drivers will fiks =)
>I've got all accelerations going for my voodoo banshee card, dri, and all
>that :D

There are 2 approaches:
1.  rename the opengl32.dll file in \windows\system to
opengl32.dll.old.  Copy the wicked3D opengl32.dll driver to
\windows\system.  Now every program that uses opengl should use this
driver.
2.  Copy the wicked3D opengl32.dll driver to your Counter-Strike or
other game folder.  The game should pick up the wicked3D opengl32.dll
driver and run it.
If you try method 2 first it will give you a chance to try the
wicked3D opengl32.dll driver before changing your system files.