AD3000Edit and Runtime error 216

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Mon Mar 4 16:18:55 CST 2002

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, [iso-8859-2] Du¹ko Rusmir wrote:

> Thanks many Lawson. Yours programm work very well.
>
> But I have allready the problem to run AD3000Edit and have allways
> recent copy of CVS-Wine. Could You help me, please?
>
| Hello

| I have since about 2 weeks a problem with programm AD3000Edit from
| Wolfgang Litzinger.
| App write:
| Runtime eroor 216 at 00002DE8

Here is all I can find about any error 216 (from
<wine>/include/winerror.h):

#define ERROR_EXE_MACHINE_TYPE_MISMATCH                    216

| Wine failed with return code 216

This ^^ is winelauncher.  ^^
I would have an easier time decrypting output if you would just run the
wine binary directly.

| With any others app I don't have this errors.

| Rusmir Du¹ko
| Registered Linux user: #130654 http://counter.li.org

Anyway, runtime errors are thrown by msvcrt or crtdll depending on how
the app was written (in C or C++ I guess), so your mileage may vary
depending on whether you have a native one of those or use Wine's
builtin ones (see ~/.wine/config:

[DllOverrides]
"msvcrt"       = "native, builtin, so"
"*"            = "builtin, so, native"

My email app installed its own native msvcrt, and so far that is what I
have to use with it.

You might want to check the executable with "file" and "pedump" if you
have it, or "winedump dump".  Something thinks it is for a machine type
other than the machine that is trying to run it.

Lawson

If you don't want my peaches, then don't shake my tree.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.