AD3000Edit and Runtime error 216

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Mon Mar 4 22:43:12 CST 2002

On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, [utf-8] Duško Rusmir wrote:

> Take a look on the atach for winedump and file, please.
>
> Regards Duško

Sorry, they don't mean much to me.  I've never had much trouble with the
loader, so I haven't studied it much.  This is a WAG, and one I can't
back up by experience, but is it possible you haven't set up winedbg
and Wine is crashing trying to start the debugger in response to a
fault?  I haven't been able to get runtime error 216 this way, but I
managed 143, I think.  From ~/.wine/system.reg:

[Software\\Microsoft\\Windows NT\\CurrentVersion\\AeDebug] 1013814981
"Auto"="1"
"Debugger"="/usr/local/bin/winedbg %ld %ld"

This        ^^^^^^^^^^ has to point to a symbolic link to the wine
binary (/opt/wine/bin/wine.bin ??) or a copy of it, and the wine
debugger must be in the same directory and named winedbg.so, or else it
has to be a script that sets WINEPRELOAD to be the winedbg.so and
executes the wine binary.

"StdChannelMask"="1"

If you get the debugger going,

bt