UI regression

Rick Romero rick at valeoinc.com
Tue Mar 5 07:12:46 CST 2002

On Tue, 2002-03-05 at 02:52, Jon Piesing wrote:
> Duane Clark <junkmail at junkmail.com> wrote:
> : Jon Piesing wrote:
> :>
>
> <snip>
>
> : Well, the interesting thing is that yours is also apparently an MDI
> : application, is that right?
>
> I have no idea. Mine is a commercial application which only runs on
> Windows & Macintosh. It ran much better under the May 2001 snapshot of
> wine, hence the subject of this posting "UI regression".

I've been trying to solve the same (sortof) issue, except I don't get
MDI calls (even though they APPEAR to be MDI windows).  I've narrowed
down the patches to 6-19.  6/19 is the last cvs tag my application did
NOT have a UI regression.

You could try getting the latest cvs, then from wine/, do the following:
(this is basically taked from documentation/cvs-regression.sgml, which
Lawson's little sed program does a good job rendering :)

cvs update -D "2001-06-19"
./configure
make depend etc etc...  See if your app works properly.

Then try 06/20 by issuing:
cvs update -D "2001-06-20"  from wine/

If your app fails on 6/20, then I _think_ it's a big patch from
Alexandre that moves stuff into wineserver.  I havn't had time to apply
each patch from the 19th to be sure.

Rick