Wine & Halflife success, but ...

Tim Plessers tplessers at tiscalinet.be
Tue Mar 5 11:37:23 CST 2002

Hello

I got rid of my non-working wine installation (err: module: map_image) and
downloaded the newest wine-20020228 version.

I compiled it using :
# .tools/wineinstall

This script installed wine to /usr/local/bin :-(  , but also wrote my
.wine/config and registry files :-)

Then I tried :
$ cd /mnt/c/Games/Halflife
$ wine hl.exe -- hl.exe -noipx -full -game cstrike -console
And it works !!!!!

But ...
I have sound in the Halflife Menu's (I can hear the clicking sounds when
clicking on menu items) but I have NO sound in the game.
I have this problem in Windows when I alt-tab to another window and then
alt-tab back to the game.  But now in Linux, it always happens.

And...
I can only play in full-screen when I set the game resolution to 1152x864
(same as my desktop resolution). However, my /etc/X11/XF86Config file has the
other resolutions (640x480 800x600 1024x768)

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,
Tim Plessers